Tuesday, February 7, 2012

These are the days I like getting mail!

I've had a good mail day today :) First UPS brought me a fun package from Total Beauty and NYX Cosmetics.  This lovely black lace bag contained a 5 Color Shadow (The Caribbean Collection), a Bronzer & Blusher Combo, Collection Noir Liquid Black Liner, La Amoureux Black Mascara and Xtreme Lip Cream in Strawberry Jam.




I can't wait to check these out! Of course my daughter has already used the lip cream, and wants to know if she can keep it all to use for her dance recital in June... I told her that the blush is hers since I never wear any ;) But the rest is mama's!

In the regular mail box I had FIVE envelopes! A Flick My Bic T-shirt from their Facebook contest at the beginning of January, my Macsurance (a free box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese!),  Garnier Fructis Color Shield samples, a sample of a Fit Mixer protein shake, and a booklet of some quality Febreeze coupons! So over all I would say it was a good day... for the mail...

Miss Heidi, however, is another story.  My baby girl has a nasty cough.  She was up on and off all night.  I kept her home and called the doctor.  Her lungs are clear, so I'm very grateful for that. He when the cough sounds "croupy" and seal-like it's more in the throat and around the voice box, and not in the lungs.  So we came home with some cough syrup and instructions to keep the rest of her medications for asthma as normal.  At least her ears and lungs are fine.  That's what I always worry about.

So that was my day, I had to talk about the good things to put off talking about the not so good.  I received one of those dreaded phone calls last Wednesday night from my father.  My Uncle Kenny died Tuesday, alone at his home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  He had been suffering from lymphoma, and had undergone a treatment earlier that day.  Sadly, no one found him until Wednesday.  As of right now my grandfather is still in Pittsburgh getting his "affairs in order", so we don't have a date for a memorial.  I'm dreading that day... for so many reasons. I just pray that people can hold their tongues and mind their manners long enough to show some respect for a man who deserves it.  If they can't, they'll be shown the door. Promptly. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment